While the humble paratha or chapati is a staple part of even the picky eater’s diet, mamas, we can switch up this versatile bread to maximise nutrition. Amaranth seeds are gluten free and easily digestible. Amaraanth Chapathis are a great way to introduce this healthy ingredient to your child. The fibre content in amaranth helps to promote healthy digestion. Amaranth also improves bone health and helps to prevent anaemia in growing kids. Loaded with vitamin A, B & C , it’s a good source of protein and iron too. Serve it plain or with curry and without any guilt.
- 3⁄4 cup amaranth flour
- 2 small or medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cumin powder
- Ghee or oil
- In a bowl take the flour.
- Add warm peeled potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well and kneed a soft dough using water.
- Make the roti or paratha as per your child’s preference using oil or ghee.
- Serve warm with curry, curd or with butter.