Happy Pongal & Makarsakranti to you all.
Festivals embark on love, care , and age-old traditional sweets made by grandmothers.
This set Pongal special recipe is a great way to offer deliciousness and nutrition.
It's a must in our home every 15 days. Because of it's taste and easy digestive ability, it's liked by all ages of kids.
The simple ingredients used in this sweet Pongal are nutritive and enhances the child's immunity in the winters.
Lentils, Jaggery, ghee, nuts are all loaded with high nutrition like iron, healthy fats and proteins, phosphorus vitamin B.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Moong daal - 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups + 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom -5
- Dry ginger – 1/4 inch
- Salt – pinch
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 10
- Take 1 cup of rice and daal and wash well. Add it to the cooker along with water and milk. Pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles.
- Meanwhile, take jaggery and 1/4 cup of water in a pan. Stir well and boil until the jaggery/ palm sugar dissolves completely.
- Add crushed cardamom and dry ginger to the jaggery syrup. Stir and simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the pressure of the cooker seizes, mash the cooked rice well using a ladle. Add 1 cup of water/milk if needed to adjust consistency.
- Filter the jaggery syrup into the rice and mix well without lumps. Keep in medium flame and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now heat ghee in a separate pan and fry cashews and raisins until golden. Pour it into the bowl along with ghee, nuts & salt. Mix well.