February 05, 2021
This wonderful recipe has one key ingredient that’s very low in calories and very high in protein, calcium and iron. Since tofu is a plant product, it’s a great antioxidant too.
Play around with this recipe to get it just right for your picky eater. Switch it for cottage cheese for an easy protein packed snack.
- 1⁄2 block of tofu sliced to cut into desired shapes
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk/almond milk
- 1⁄4 all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. dry parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. honey mustard sauce
- 2 tsp. vegan mayo
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the tofu down to remove moisture and slice it in desired shapes
- You need 3 bowls. In one bowl, add the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. In the next bowl add the flour. In the last bowl add milk or almond milk.
- Dip each tofu piece in flour, then milk and then breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place onto the parchment lined baking tray and bake 400 degree F for 8- 10 minutes. You can shallow fry them too.
- Meanwhile whisk together the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Check the tofu until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with a delicious dipping sauce.