December 24, 2020
Dinner time can be a battle for parents with picky eaters. This nutritionally rich and delicious meal can be added to your recipe arsenal for a happy well-fed child. The core ingredients, zucchini and red bell peppers are a rich source of folate and vitamin A. Red bell peppers are also a great source of vitamin C and potassium. This is a complete meal for the child. Enjoy it warm mornings, afternoons or evening.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. amchur powder
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup red bell peppers finely chopped
- Water to knead the dough (zucchini naturally has water in it)
- Oil/butter/ghee to fry parathas
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl one at a time.
- Now add enough water to make a soft and pliable dough.
- Dust with flour and roll each ball out into a round disc. You can of course shape it to your child's choice.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place the rolled paratha on the griddle and cook on till you see brown spots on both sides.
- Use some oil, ghee, or butter while cooking the parathas. Cook till you see some golden brown spots on both sides. Once done serve warm rolled, or with a spread of butter.